Instagram Facebook Bloglovin' Twitter hannahr561@gmail.com


Thursday 26 June 2014

Fresh Summer Makeup Look


I've been really struggling with my skin recently so I haven't really wanted to put loads of makeup on but I didn't want to go bare-skinned and have my spots showing. This look is an easy, medium coverage base with a neutral eye, lip and cheek. 


These are the products I used today; the Soap&Glory eyeshadow primer and Rimmel blush are new but the rest I've had for a while and love. The only base product there is concealer as I haven't wanted to use foundation and I really dislike my BB cream. 


This is a swatch of the Rimmel 'Lasting Finish' Soft Colour Blush in 050 'Live Pink'. I just picked this up because it was a nice summery colour, I actually didn't even swatch it but it was £3.99 so I wasn't too bothered if it was bad. I was actually pleasantly surprised - it has a slight golden shimmer in it and the colour does hang around. It looks brighter in person but the camera setting muted it a bit. All you need is a small amount as it's very pigmented. Perfect for holiday!



I got this S&G 'It's About Prime' Eyeshadow Primer because my Urban Decay mini primer has gotten to the very end. It's the bright light one that is supposed to brighten the eye area, reduce crease lines and reduce puffiness. All that for £8! I've only used it today so I'll have to update you on its staying power. It has a dofut (?!) applicator which makes it easy to apply. 



Another S&G product I've been loving (as you can see by the state it's in) is the 'Kick Ass' Concealer. I really like the concealers; the one on the left is under eye concealer as the salmon colour reduces the appearance of dark circles and the one on the right is a general face concealer. The thing I really like is the powder it comes with - it stops the under-eye concealer but I use it on the rest of my face too because it gives a great finish. Anyone know if I can get the powder separately??


This is probably the cheapest, most well-loved brow kit in the world. The MUA Pro-Brow Kit is similar to the Benefit 'Brow Zings' apart from that the wax isn't tinted (there is tweezers to go with this). I use a mix of the darker shades to do my brows but I don't use the highlight colour. 


Simple eye duo - Bourjois shadow in 08 and Natural Collection shadow in 'Asteroid'. DON'T JUDGE ME but when I first started doing my brows, I actually used this SHIMMERY BROWN as my brow shadow- I'm ashamed of myself. But aside from that they work well together and I just put the lighter colour up to my brow and then the brown up to my crease then blended out. I also used a little bit of MAC 'Wedge' in the crease on a 217 brush. 


I'll just link to my blog post on this mascara as I've talked about it before. For this look, however, I only used it on my top lashes. 




See you soon and stay insane!

Bloggerella x



No comments:

Post a Comment