Instagram Facebook Bloglovin' Twitter hannahr561@gmail.com


Thursday 30 January 2014

Prime Time

Today's blog post is a requested one from a friend and it's all about primers! At first I was sceptical about the purpose of primers but once I started using them, I couldn't look back - it feels so strange to me to forget that step. I have a range of primers from budget to high-end and I thought today I'd review them for you!


Revlon 'PhotoReady' Perfecting Primer



I got this primer quite a while back and so have had it the longest and i really like it! I hadn't tried Revlon products for such a long time so I was keen to give this a try. It's the consistency of a thin moisturiser and is silicone-based, which i don't mind unlike some people. It smooths out my complexion and helps my make-up stay on really well. It costs £11.99 which isn't bad considering it works!

Benefit 'The Porefessional'



This little beauty was given to me in a Christmas set and I'm going to be sad when it's emptied. This primer is also silicone-based and focuses on minimising pores, which it does very well! It's slightly tinted and Benefit also recommend using over your foundation too but I haven't tired that yet. The full size costs £24.50 but you need such a small amount it lasts ages. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser 



Now this primer is great because it's more of a lotion texture so it's better for if you don't like silicone-based primers. The tea tree in it helps reduce redness and calms the skin if it is inflamed with spots - you can feel it soothing the skin when you put it on. It costs £7.50 so the cheapest one of the selection and if you have spot-prone skin it's definitely worth a try :)

Clarins 'Beauty Flash Balm' 



This isn't quite a primer but it works as a primer as well. You put it on roughly (don't totally blend it in) then quickly put on your foundation and it just boosts your skin's complexion and makes it look healthier if it's feeling a bit underloved. Don't use it all the time though as it looses its effect! I got it as a freebie but I would definitely purchase it - it is priced at £29 so quite pricey but if you go to the Clarins counter they're more than happy to try it out on you before you make any decisions! 

SO I hope that was helpful in some way and help you decide if you want to try a primer if you haven't already!

See you soon and stay insane!

Bloggerella x

No comments:

Post a Comment